Blog Post #1
I hope to learn how to present technology in a way that is both accessible and understandable. I sometimes struggle with basic tasks on my devices, so I believe this course will help simplify complex concepts and teach them in a structured manner. Beyond my personal need for better technological fluency, I plan to apply what I learn both inside and outside of work. In my future career, I will need to understand the software I use in order to teach it effectively and communicate my ideas intuitively. Additionally, I aim to assist future clients by presenting designs and cost estimates virtually. If they encounter technical difficulties, I want to be able to troubleshoot and guide them remotely.
I have not had many opportunities to teach others about technology beyond helping my elderly family members. However, I have gained experience through school assignments and projects. Throughout my education, I have worked with various platforms such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Canva, Adobe products, and DaVinci Resolve. I still vividly remember the day I was required to type my first essay instead of handwriting it—I thought my life was over! Despite my initial resistance, I have gradually developed skills that enhance my experience, and I hope to continue improving. While I appreciate the simplicity and beauty of pen and paper, I believe becoming more fluent with technology will help change my perspective.
I am particularly interested in learning more about 3D design platforms, as they are essential for success in my field. However, I often struggle with the patience required to navigate complex software. I understand the importance of digital design, but my lack of proficiency prevents me from fully realizing my creative visions in a digital format. My work primarily involves welding, woodworking, and shaping forms in the FSU sculpture lab or at home. To streamline my process and reduce costs, I need to translate my physical labor into digital files, eliminating the need for time-consuming and expensive physical models.
Hi! I enjoyed how you discussed that you wish to continue your technology learning beyond this year. Since I want to be a high school teacher, I want to ensure I know how to use multiple software so I can also use them in my teaching. I have also had experience working with Adobe because I was a part of the yearbook staff in high school. Hoping you have a great year and discover more about technology:)
ReplyDeleteHi there! I really appreciated how you emphasized the importance of simplifying the technological world. Similar to you, I have even found myself struggling to understand how to complete technological tasks and may have trouble in my future trying to explain these tasks to others. I also agree that complex software has proved to be something that test my level of patience. I hope to also learn about different software types in this course to be able to efficiently use them in my future career.
ReplyDelete